Introduction to Git / Github workshop
Important Workshop Materials
What you need
To participate in this workshop, you need to have
RStudio installed on your computer. Also, please install the following R packages:
install.packages("readr", "lubridate", "dplyr", "ggplot2")
This workshop is geared towards participants with background using
R to work with data.
All of the data required to complete this workshop is located in a GitHub repository. You may access the data in one of two ways:
- If you already use git or want to learn, set it up on your computer.
- Then use
git clone https://github.com/earthlab/version-control-hot-messto clone or copy the workshop repo to your computer.
- If you are not comfortable using git or would rather download the repository:
- Visit this url: https://github.com/earthlab/version-control-hot-mess and look for the green “Clone or download” button.
- Select “Download ZIP” to download the repo as a zip file.
- Download the repo and unzip it somewhere on your computer where you will work.
Be sure that you save things in a directory on your computer that you can find and use during the workshop!
|1:00 - 1:30||Welcome / Clean Code Group Activity||Leah / Max|
|1:30 - 2:20||Intro to Pseudocode, Tidyverse & NA values||Max|
|2:30 - 2:40||Break|
|2:40 - 3:20||Automate Code with Loops||Leah|
|3:20 - 4:00||Practice Your Skills||Leah / Max|