Welcome to Week 9!
Welcome to week 9 of Earth Analytics! This week we spend some time reviewing concepts that we have covered so far. We will also learn more about presenting your science - to better prepare you for your mid term presentation next week!
If you haven’t already, be sure to add your project & group to the google doc below.
|3:00 - 3:10||Questions|
|3:10 - 4:00||Review|
|4:00 - 4:30||Present your science effectively||Leah|
|4:40 - 5:50||Group work|
Your task for this week is to prepare for your mid-term presentation & quiz. Both will be performed in class NEXT WEEK.
Mid-Term Grade rubric
A full rubric will be posted on the mid-term landing page. In the meantime, please consider the following things as you put your talk together:
- Presentation structure
- Project importance,
- Example results: We know you won’t have results in time for the mid term. But you should know enough about your project to know what type of results you expect to see.
- Data: clearly present what data you intend to use.
- A science question that you wish to address or a phenomenon or event that you wish to better understand. It can be related to something we’ve covered in class or to something completely different!
- An overview of the data types and sources that you intend to use to answer your science question.
- An overview of the study area you will be working in.
- An overview of what you think you’ll find working on your project.
- Everyone in your group needs to present!